While both choices of cars are relatively affordable to rent and are both excellent choices, there are a few differences which set both sets of cars apart. These differences are vital in deciding what type of car to rent. Here are some of the major differences between the two kinds of cars:
- Price: Even though both sets of vehicles are relatively affordable, the luxury vehicles edge the economy vehicles in this category. They are a bit more expensive as they are usually sleeker than the economy vehicles, and in most cases, contain more features than the economy vehicles.
- Comfort: Luxury cars are all about comfort. The features incorporated into luxury vehicles are a lot more than those in economy cars. While an economy car prioritizes the journey, a luxury car prioritizes the passenger and aims to provide him/her with the most stress-free car ride possible.
- Fuel consumption: The economy vehicle is better suited to minimize fuel consumption. Economy cars don’t consume as much fuel as luxury cars, thanks in no small part to the lower number of car features which usually amplify fuel consumption. Luxury cars ensure comfort but are often more demanding on the car’s engine than the economy cars.
- Safety Standards: While both types of cars are very safe, luxury cars are usually built with more safety standards than economy cars. Economy cars have all the necessary safety features required in a car, such as Airbags, Child lock, etc., but the luxury vehicles provide a more extensive range of safety features such as Blind Spot Detection, Rear-view camera, Safety Exit assist, and many more.
Making a Choice
While both types of cars are fantastic and present the renter with quite the dilemma, a choice has to be made. As is evident from the differences between the two kinds of cars, luxury cars cost more to hire as well as use. Price may be a significant factor when renting a car, but other factors should be considered to ensure the right choice is made. All readers should bear in mind that both car types are fantastic options with different scenario types requiring different decisions. Some of these factors include:
- Duration of car usage
- Distance to be covered
- The purpose of renting the car
Considering all these factors, a prospective car renter can make an informed choice on what type of vehicle to rent.